Kidela Forums: Rules & Code of Conduct
In order to keep the Kidela Forums running smooth and without issue, we ask that all members follow these simple rules. If you have any questions or problems, please contact us.
- Kidela will not tolerate any rudeness or profanity. Personal attacks, insults or inflammatory posts are unacceptable. Our moderation team will provide offenders with one warning. If the behaviour persists, account suspension or termination is at the discretion of our moderation team, and all decisions are final.
- Kidela reserves the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
- Advertising, spamming and trolling in our forums is not allowed.
- Affiliate or Referral links posted in the forums are subject to removal.
- Repeated posting to increase your post count is prohibited.
- All posts must be made in English.
- If you must post in another language, please provide an English translation.
- Posting of short, meaningless threads is frowned upon. Please keep your discussion thought provoking and insightful.
- Posts that discuss or link to sites or materials that are sexual in nature are prohibited. Any such posts will be removed, and the offending account may be suspended or terminated at the sole discretion of our moderation team.
- Discussion of illegal activities are not allowed.
- Creation of multiple accounts is not allowed.
- Posts discussing moderator actions are not allowed.
- Kidela reserves the right to take any actions deemed appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
The general purpose of the discussion forum is to inform, educate and share knowledge amongst the community of Kidela members. Despite Kidela’s intent to offer an open forum where information is shared with no mal-intent, Kidela strongly encourages members to view the information the read with a skeptical eye and seek independent and qualified third party advice before making any financial decisions or acting on any call to action they find on the site or from other Kidela members. Kidela does not endorse, nor does it support contributor calls to buy or sell the securities of any company mentioned within the forums. Kidela provides these forums to help our members to make better informed and insightful decisions.
In the spirit of open communication, Kidela forum members will be required to post under their own names (similar to Facebook and Seeking Alpha). Kidela believes that this policy will encourage credible experts, authors and knowledgeable members, etc. to enter into constructive and ongoing dialogue with our general membership. In some instances however, there may be valid reasons why a person’s name may not be used on open public forums. In these instances, Kidela reserves the right to allow a person to post under alternative ‘pen’ name. Kidela will validate this person’s real name and contact information prior to approving their pen name. This will be the exception not the rule. Any Kidela members who does not have Kidela’s prior approval to do so, and who is found to have been posting using a false name will be barred from posting on the forums and their membership to the Kidela website may be revoked. Kidela also requires any and all posters to disclose if they have any material relationships with the companies they write about (and whose stocks they may hold or be short within their portfolio) while also declaring if they stand to gain in any way from the viewpoint they are putting forth. In the same spirit, posters who hold positions with research or brokerage firms or in the field of Investor Relations must disclose these relationships.
Kidela assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, currency, completeness or usefulness of information in any material available via the Service and it does not endorse any opinions or recommendations posted by members, nor does it give tax or investment advice or advocate the purchase or sale of any security or investment. You should exercise discretion and skepticism before relying on information in messages, since it may be incorrect or misleading. Members may pretend to be people that they are not. Some members may have dishonest and/or deceitful intentions or may have inaccurate information — so beware! You should make an independent investigation before making any financial decisions, and if you rely on information posted by other members you do so solely at your own risk.
This policy is in place to maintain a high level of confidence the Kidela Forums are not used – nor seen to be used – as a method to use surreptitious methods to promote the purchase or sale of a company’s stock.
In the instance that some members would rather not post under their own names, Kidela encourages them to submit their articles or thoughts directly to our Forum moderators – who will determine if the post will be posted on the site under the title ‘Kidela Member’.
Our Moderation team is here to ensure you have a pleasant and enjoyable experience. They will endeavor to keep all objectionable and offensive posts off of the forum. We do realize however, that it is impossible to review all messages. With that in mind, all messages found in our forums express the views of the author, and Kidela Capital Group will not be held responsible for the content of any message.
- Animated avatars are not allowed.
- Use of the Kidela logo in avatars is not allowed.
- Any sexual, violent or otherwise offensive imagery is not allowed.
In the event that a reader believes another poster has violated this stated policy, the reader should immediately email Kidela. The complaint will be investigated, and if we discover that the member is in violation, they will be asked to cease this practise and/or their membership rights will be terminated.
By agreeing to the rules & code of conduct, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or in violation of any laws.
Kidela reserves the right to update and modify these rules as the needs of the community dictate to ensure the smooth operation of this community.